14 Sep Initial Demonstration of the Selkie Operations & Maintenance Tool
The Selkie open access Operation & Maintenance (O&M) decision-support tool has been developed to access a wide range of different wave and tidal technologies. The O&M tool allows users to simulate operations considering uncertain factors such as weather window time and failures and analyse their impact on O&M costs, device availability and power production of a project. The O&M tool will enable users to optimise the logistics required for the installation and O&M phase e.g. the selection of ports, offshore vessel fleet, schedule activity, operational strategy etc.
The model of the O&M tool has been designed to consider the key logistics activities for the installation and O&M phase of an ocean energy array (wave and tidal):
- Installation of the device and substructure
- O&M for components specified by user
- Only one maintenance activity can occur on a device at any one time
- Where overlaps occur for Corrective Maintenance (CM) and Preventative Maintenance (PM), CM tasks are prioritised but PM task(s) remain to be completed
- Where multiple failures occur for same component on a single device, the model randomly selects which occurs and deletes the other(s)
In the video above, O&M tool development lead Dr Mitra Delivand, presents a case study demonstration of the tool which provides further detail on the tool’s capability and functionality.
The O&M tool will be compatible with Windows and has been coded in C#. The model and code will be made available on github shortly.
For any enquiries that you may have regarding the tool please contact: email@example.com